Perfect Fall Day

Monday, October 1, 2012

How was your weekend, everyone?! Mine was lovely despite a cold that I contracted over the past couple of days. It's taken a turn for the worse this morning, but I'm glad I didn't let it stop me this weekend. The weather was so beautiful! I am usually sad this time of year because Fall just means Winter is near and anyone that knows me is well aware of how much I hate the cold. I would be fine if I could move to Thailand with my sister and have a year round Summer. But this year is a little different considering Indiana set the record for the most 90 + degree days in a month and since we have experienced the worse drought since the Dust Bowl. I guess I'm kind of ready (for once) for it to cool down.

Yesterday afternoon we took a spur of the moment trip to Anderson Orchard with our friends, Shawn and Jessica. Believe it or not, I have never been to a real Apple Orchard before! My brother and sister reminded me yesterday that we did go to another "orchard" several years ago. My mom tried to do something different and decided to take us to an apple picking place that a friend recommended. If I am remembering correctly, it ended up being nothing more than a gas station full of creepers where you walk in and pick up apples out of a bucket. I must admit... the whole thing is a little fuzzy so I think I must have tried to suppress that memory. LOL.

ANYWAY... yesterday was a much better experience! We had so much fun! It was the perfect way to kick off the Fall season. We picked a huge bag of yummy apples. The best part of picking them was that you can sample all of them before you pick which kinds you want. They were so much better than what I usually buy at the store and I can't wait to start baking with some of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs